Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter Wardrobe Wear, WWW Vintage Style

It's freezing everywhere, even here in Florida the chill is blowing in. Although I am a sun lover, these temps always make me want to do a winter review of my warmer pieces of vintage. All of the dresses I am writing about may be available at at my store Vintage Stew on Etsy.

This is an 80s bodycon dress by Outlander. I love the electric blue beading with a hint of flesh underneath the sheer fabric bodice.



This dress has been given a shorter hemline, it originally fell a little bit mid calf and while I thought it looked pretty good I wanted to give the dress a younger attitude.

I think the square shoulders are softened by the beautiful beaded lattice detail which is in exquisite shape.

This shape of dress always reminds me of Lauren Bacall.

The beautiful late 60s early 70s era maxi is by Lanzillotti for Bzzz-Bzzz California. I've done quite a bit of Internet research but can't dig up anything on this old label.


The fabric has a soft flannel type feel to it and the fit is for a curvy girl.

I love the mod floral textile and think this would be a terrific hostess gown for a swank winter cocktail party. The print kind of reminds me of puzzles I'd do as a kid with my mom in the dead of winter.









This purple plumb sweater dress is by Joni Blair and it still has its tag on! I had the exact same dress in 8th grade. It kept me very warm living in Ohio and I felt like a grown up city girl wearing it.

It's a very sexy sweater dress and really hugs curves in all the right ways. I love finding dresses that I have worn in the past. Talk about a clothing flashback. However, I think this sweater dress stands the test of time and just has one of those classic shapes that works well on a lot of different figures.







This ultra mini sweater tunic is another 80s number by Joni Blair of California.
This was in my personal collection and I wore it to work, however, it was much longer. Sadly there was a pucker in the knit and I had to turn it into an ultra mini.
It has the same appeal as the purple one listed above and looks terrific with leggings. This dress works for someone petite such as the model or for a slightly curvier gal. The front bodice has delicate yarn flower decoration. It kind of reminds me of an Easter dress but it's really Lolita sexy.


That's it, that's all...try and stay warm, the "dark months" are still upon us, spring won't be here for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment